- The Kilt Chaser 5K - April 06 - 7:00 am - 10:00 am
The Kilt Chaser 5K
DATE: April 06
TIME: 7:00 am - 10:00 am
North Galvin Parkway
Modeled after the Skirt Chaser fun runs of yore, the Kilt Chaser is a race with a few twists. Twist one: Instead of all racers starting the run at the same time, the ladies get a three-minute head start. Twist two: All runners—boys and girls—race while wearing kilts.*
Can the girls outrun the boys? And more importantly, is a kilt really the most effective clothing for a 5K run? Only one way to find out.
One of the most fun and unique 5Ks around, the Kilt Chaser raises funds for the Caledonian Society of Arizona. This year’s run will be held on a trail course through Papago Park in Phoenix.
Details about the 5K course, signup information and more can be found here. Registration is $35 until March 13, and $40 from March 14 to race day.
All race participants will receive a custom shirt and finisher’s medal, as well as a free post-race pint at our 8th Street brewery.
The top three male and female finishers will receive gift cards to Four Peaks Brewing Co.
– First Place: $100 gift card
– Second Place: $75 gift card
– Third Place: $50 gift card
There will also be awards for the top three finishers in all age groups, which are: 8 & Under, 9-10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
The race will be chip-timed with real-time results and photos on the StartLine Racing website and mobile app.
A few things to consider:
– This is a trail run. The course consists of uneven paths, hills, and desert terrain. Please take proper precautions when preparing for this event.
– The Papago Park parking lot is tiny and will not have space for all race participants. There will be free trolleys back and forth from Four Peaks 8th Street to the race starting line, and participants will also receive race day Lyft codes good for 10% off rides to and from the course.
This event is limited to 300 participants.
*Kilts aren’t actually required, but since the race will be held on Tartan Day—a national celebration of all things Scottish—donning your finest kilt is highly encouraged. Kilts will be available to purchase on the day of packet pickup and at the event.